Thursday, August 02, 2007

On life: work, travel, and play

These past two weeks I have been working up in Olds Alberta (I still find it interesting that we call anything in the north "up"). I have had time to just think and be. I am literally sleeping, eating and working. not a whole lot more then that. I don't know exactly why I am enjoying this so much, but it is totally great.

As to my Travel plans. I am going to MB for a week with my cousin. Going to see my three married brothers and their families. Going to go camping. Going to eat at the local small town drive in burger shack. Maybe I'll lie in the sun. What happy times to be had. I really can't wait for this trip. To drive out there with my cousin is such a blast. To be with my brothers and friends, so wonderful.

I have been thinking about things these past few months and one of the things that has struck me is how much I have thought about things. Seriously, some people just live life. I seem to have done alot of thinking life. I have done all kinds of stuff but always with some attempt at significance. I have looked for deep meaning in everything I do, hoping to make sense of it if I can make it deep enough. (have I commented on this before in my blog?)
Lately, what is hitting me is this one small thing. That there is alot of "deep" meaning in all the small things in life. And deep not because of alot of philosophy or intensity but, instead, because of the lack there of. There are things that are great and relevant because there is no stress in it. Just there. Just being. How wonderful.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we think entirely TOO much. There is a point where we just need to either BE, or Believe, or Trust and let it go. I thought myself into panic attacks before...not worth all that thinking!
God asks us to stop worrying and trust Him, but he never really mentions "thinking", just about wisdom and folly.
Hummm something to THINK about eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home