Thursday, May 31, 2007

Walking for a cause

So here I am wanting to do things to help the world. I am desiring to make changes. I think things aren't right and I want to make a difference. Even if in the end my part is so small it may as well look as an atom next to the earth. Even then, at least that atom is changed.

I want to do more in life for others and less for myself. I want to stop wondering what I will get out of life. In the end it doesn't matter.

So there are things that I am taking part in. Things that may be small but I will do them anyhow.

1: I have joined a weekend walk for breast cancer here in Calgary. I will admit sometimes I wonder if there is even the possibility to end such a world wide problem. But why not try. I want it to end, I don't want people to suffer from such horrible things. Maybe it is my way of telling God that I don't like what I see.

2: I am planning on going into school to become a midwife. My desire is to help women in third world countries. I desire for mothers and their babies to have healthy deliveries. I hate to know that mothers and their infants can, and often do, die while in the birthing process. I breaks my heart.

3: I will to go each time my college and career group goes to serve in the community of Calgary. Even if I do end up shredding paper for a homeless shelter. Or scraping tape residue from a window. For the 10 minutes that I was doing that I had three homeless guys come over and chat for two seconds a piece. But they smiled, they laughed and that made me so very happy.

Like I said it may only be an atom of change in a world so vast but I like to watch that atom. I am happy to take part in that minuscule part of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home