Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Happy Birthday, You're Dying! - Spiritual journey - BitterSweetLife

I liked this post alot. I have been following (kind of) this blog for about a month now. I find the insight here is worth looking into. I admit that at times it makes my "insight" feel so futile. Like I haven't caught on to some of the deeper things of life but so what. I am I not this guy. My mind works in its own special ways and why would I want to think the thoughts of someone else anyhow?
Here is a post on a birthday. Mine is soon to come up this month and for the first time in years I am decidedly not allowing myself to dwell on the fact that I am yet another year older and still not exactly where I had hoped to be. But isn't that what this life is all about. The journey. Not the arrival. I will never arrive at being the person I wish to be. I will never have completed the race till it is done. If I think I am done then I should that day be dead. I agree it is Jesus who makes this all worth living. No point in gaining wisdom if there is nothing to become wise for. If this life were all about the here and the now with nothing to look forward to after there would be no point. The whole of this life would be moot.
I have decided not to dwell on the one year older me that is soon to come. It seems the more I have tried to convince myself that I will be okey with this, that I will have a good additude, the more I am reminded that I am older and that I am no longer the age of five years ago. It only reminds me that things haven't all gone the way I had hoped in the line of time that I had hoped for it to go. So what if I am still unmarried, no chance of kids to come. So what if my plan hasn't come to fruition? It's over, it's past. And frankly I am happier than ever cause I still have a life worth living, I have always had a life worth living and one extra year to that life does not make it unlivable. Only worth living more. I thank God for the things I have seen and learnt, and so what if I am closer to death. Am I not then closer to being full time in Gods presence? Sounds good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home