Saturday, November 12, 2005

In the last two weeks I have seen two disterbing movies. Both were centerd around a diformity. The second though haunts me more than the first. The first is called Eraserhead. In this film there is a very strange and bandaged baby that is not at all plesent to behold. The movie on a whole is farely dark and disterbed with some odd twists. Well actually the whole film is an odd twist. To read more on it I will add a link to my brothers blog. This film gave me a sence of the creeps though different than alot of films. I cannot explain it clearly I think only that you must see it to fully understand.
The second film I finished watching not half an hour ago. This one will be with me much longer for it is based on the real life story of a man by the name of John Merick. It haunts me still to see how this man was treated because of his deformity it is painfull to the core. Laughed at and scorned even feared just because of his looks. It caused him his death in the end and left him crippled through out his life. The most haunting fact is to see what cruelty humans are capable of laying out on others. We have no right to treat one in such a manner an yet it happens even today. "The Elephante Man" is a sad story even when the end is "happy". So much pain and suffering. My heart is hurting even now for all the pain we bestow on those around us. Maybe we don't beat on anyone. Maybe we don't sell tickets so show them off, or treat them as an animal. Yet we laugh at the way they wear their hair, or the style of cloths they choose to wear. We even laugh at their struggles. Maybe not outwardly but in our hearts we scorn those who are not like us. We jugde what we do not even know. Oh I could go on but Instead I will look into my own life and ask myself some questions.
My sister (in-law) wrote a blog that I wished to comment on, though I don't know what to comment other than it causes me to think also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home