Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Art

The Starving Artist: A very hungry human who spends all their energy on creating "master pieces" and all their resources on the supplies to do so.

Yesterday I went to an art supply store and found out why it is so easy for the artist to become what was earlier described. One tube of acrylic paint will cost anywhere from $7.50 to $18.00. That is just A single tube of color. I have not yet looked at the canvas, the brushes can be any where from $5.00 to $30.00 and upwards. The list can go on forever.


I bought only a small portion of supplies yesterday and already I feel hungrier. If I am going to do art I will need to start trying to sell it. I can imagine what that would be like. You create a piece that is close to your heart (reason: because it comes from your heart) display it for all to view and have a handful of "Art Critics" say how terrible the quality is or how stupid the lines are. It breaks the heart of an artist who is not secure in who they are. But to continue creating the very heart of oneself in art you must press on and allow that hand full to say as they please for out of the masses there is the one who will see your heart for what it is and love it like their own. And so goes the circle of love and pain, loss and gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home