Thursday, August 17, 2006

I miss the down

Today as I was working I was just wandering in my mind and I ended up in the Down. You see it all started with a thought about a book I had bought at a garage sale two weeks ago. It was a book that I had read in India but did not own. I wanted to cause I knew one day I would want to read it again. That got me thinking to how I have read a few book a few times. One of the most memorable for me is the Watership Down. The first time I read it was when I was in my teen years. We would go into Brandon about two to three times a week. This was half an hour from home. We would spend the entire day in the University as that was where our music lessons were held. It was so boring at times that I learnt to go to the library there and read a book. I couldn't take them out cause I was not a university student but I would just sit in that library and read for hours. So over a years time I was able to read the Watership Down.
I then read it years later when I moved into my great little place here in Calgary. When my dad had seen that it was a basement suite that was like crawling into a small hole he called me a rabbit. That inspired the name of my small but well loved home. I called it the Down. I then had to read the book again. Reading the Watership Down in the Watership Down only seemed right.
That got me thinking about the Down and how much I loved that place. It was home. I loved the community I lived in. I loved walking to work every day. I loved being on my own.
I loved this place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home