Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fingered and shocked

Okey, so I got fingered while driving the other day. And yes I was shocked. I was surprised that someone would do such a thing for such a simple mistake of mine.
I truly was just trying to get out of his way. I really wanted to let him in but for some reason the only way I thought of doing that was trying to get ahead of him instead of slowing down and letting him in. I seriously couldn't care less if he was in front or if I was. I'm not even joking. When I finely figured out to slow down instead of speed up he was cutting me off (which only makes sense as he had no room on the other side). So I let him but he fingered me.
Now why was this such a shock to me? Why could I not believe my eyes?
Well Maybe cause for the last 6 months this kind of driving has been normal all around me and no one even bats an eye. In the land I have been visiting I could have done just what I did and the guy wouldn't have even noticed me. If I had not slowed down it would have been my own problem not his. He would have cut in and if I didn't get out of the way, well too bad for me.
Since this moment in time I have no longer been anxious to drive, not for fear of being fingered but for fear of forgetting what driving is about here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home