Thursday, August 10, 2006

The prairies, the lands I love

I missed them. I really did. As I drove through the prairies this past week I realized how much I had missed them while I was away in India. The land that goes on forever with what seems to be no end. The rolling of the hills with rhythmic consistency that has no real pattern to it. AS I drove through the land watching the colors melt and mold together while at the same time being separated by a fine line, one field to the next. The beauty of the land is wonderful. And the nostalgia it brings up within is intense. I am drawn back to the days when I would roam freely in and out of field and forest with dreams of life to come. Now I sometimes wonder what that little me would think if it saw where I was and had been. I don't think she would be to upset. She may regret some things of the past but those melt into lessons learnt. Somehow lessons learnt lead into new and greater opportunities. I look back and forward with the same excitement. It is good, I think.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home