Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Better every day

I am amazed at how easily it seems I am settling in here. The fact that we have poor plumbing in the house where I live is already becoming normal to me. The fact that my bucket showers are cold and bucket for that matter are no big deal it seems. I know this is not on my own that things become so every day after three days. It is my Father in heaven entirely.
Today I am going out with my Canadian friend to go shopping and have an orientation. (i.e. news on what I can expect from the culture and the guys here). I am hoping to get a few Indian outfits as well. The clothes are so beautiful.
The noise on the other hand, not so much. If you dislike the sound of a car horn do not enter into India. Even when you are told the noise is incessant you do not understand till you come. They signal their turns with honking and not just one it is many. As well as their passing. And lanes? There is no following the rules of the road. Well not our kind of following. It is a whole different set of rules. The first time I got into a vehicle I tried to put on the non existent seat belt. That's right no mode of transportation has a seat belt. And the scooter/motorbikes? Well it is normal to see a family of four on one. Kids in car seats, they would think we were insane.
I would say that if you have never been to India then I would recommend it. It is the type of thing you can not comprehend till you have felt, smelt, seen, and heard for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home