Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The end has come

To all my faithful reader(s), I send you greetings for the last time from the Down. I sit here now with boxes all around me, some full, some waiting, and one waiting for this computer exactly. I realized that tonight and tomorrow will be my last nights here. For when my boyfriend comes out from MB for the weekend I will be staying at my folks place for that is where he also stays. On Monday, when he has left I will be coming here to move out the rest of my stuff and spending my last days in Calgary at my parents house.

The Watership Down is in a disheveled state, only to become more so. Last night as I packed there was a curtain in my bathroom that I always loved. When I removed it I almost cried, for the ugly nakedness of the place really hit me. But at the same time as all of this there is a real sense of something great. A feeling of tarring down the old to get ready for the new. A real feeling of having finished what I came out here to do.

When first I moved here I was determined to learn. I felt a need to learn some very important things.
1: To truly live on my own and be happy. To get to a place where God would be my complete
source of joy.
2: To come to the point where I could care for myself, housing, food, and entertainment.
3: To come to a place in my life where not every other thought was "oh how badly I wished I
were married."
4: To finish my apprenticeship in hairdressing right down to the red seal.
5: To learn, if only a little, more clearly how it is God would have me relate to those around me.
6: To become a strong woman of God, this for two reasons. 1: For God, 2: For my future
husband.
Now when I say "finished" I do not feel I shall ever finish becoming the woman God created me to be. For when I am finished I shall be dead. Until that day I ask God continue to mold me into the person He would have me to be.

I now say adieu from the Watership Down. I invite you to travel with me as I move my way back to Manitoba. There I shall enter the arms of my love and move in new directions. New adventures I shall lead and you my friends shall hear of them both great and small. I wish you all well in your endeavors to come.
Ange

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home