Monday, February 28, 2005

The gift

I have just returned from a walk out in the beautiful evening air and there is one thing about it that I loved that I wanted to bring forward. I love to walk on the grass that has been wet from the melting of the day and then frozen in the cool night air. I love the half crisp yet still soft feel it is found to be under my feet. You can get the same feel in your hair if it also is wet and then freezes but it is not often you get to walk on ones hair when in such a state. Not only that but it is not recomended for your hairs health to allow it to freeze.

I also arrived at the same destination my boyfriend and I had arrived at a few times while he was out here on his christmas break. I was reminded of how we had walked there in the minus weather. How when we had arrived on the top of the valley holdding hands and he suddenly turned and hugged me. How wonderfull it is to be in the arms of my man.

A friend of mine here had once made a comment on how nice it is to have a boyfriend because then you can hug for so long and not let go. She had told me this when I was still single. I did not believe this was at all possible, that a man would actually want to hug me for minutes let alone hours on end. But now I see I was wrong. To be held with such love was beyond my dreams.

It is hard to be so far from that love in distance. To be seperated by 1200 km of land mass but I find it causes a growth in me. April will find me in a very happy place but even now I can be seen to glow from head to toe. I am loved and love in return. I thank God for the gift of Nathaniel in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home