Sunday, March 06, 2005

120:

I don't know if I ever told you ("you" being anyone who has kept track of this blog from it's fresh begining down to it's last detail). Often I think on my first day entering this city with the knowledg that I would be living here.

I had decided to live here while still in hair school back in Brandon. Now when I was ready to move here I wanted to do it as soon as possible. On my last day of school I had every belonging I wished to have with me packed in the back of my car. The hour I was done school I was driving to Calgary. I felt that if this were to be what I was doing then I may as well get right on it. I arrived the next day in the afternoon and had no where much to go till the evening. That was when I would be heading to my borders home to settle in. So to pass the time I drove around the city. Mostly I stuck to down town

I drove with no real direction in mind and so managed to get lost (though I still do not feel you can truelly get lost when you have no real destination). in my wandering I happend to drive through a quant community. At the end of one of the dead end streets there was this copper top church. As I drove along the streets I thought to myself and even, I remember, prayed that I would like very much to live in a community like this one.

Months later after having lived with the Webbers I looked into this appartment and fell directly in love. The Webbers had told me that this was a good community. Again it was months later even possibly a year that I realised (after many a walk past that same copper top church) that this was the very place I had driven through and prayed to live in.

I think of this often, especially now that I will be leaving. Gods hand was entirely on me and my life while I was here. Every step I took He was the guide. It is this that I love to look back on. I look so forward to seeing how He will work in my life anew. Where shall I be led and in what new endevours? Now there is a wonderfull new aspect to how He will work. Another ingrediant. Nate, Now it will be for the both of us that God's wrokings will be an impact. It is no longer just one peice to fit into the puzzle of the world, but two. I look so forward to seeing Gods work done in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home