Saturday, August 07, 2004

Shortening days

The slow decline of sunlight is a slow draw to darkness that I do not enjoy. I do not so much like the fact that it feels as though I have only had two weeks of summer. The fact that it feels as though I have not yet warmed up, That my bones seem to creak and my joints ache at the thought of the cold. I am young and yet my body is starting to age. The dry and cracked hands that seem to have the grand canyon running through each crease of skin. And Yet.........

Yes there is a yet to all of this. I do look forward to the snuggling in the big blankets. Curling up to the fire (which I do not have but for my gas stove) . Playing in the snow (which I rarely have in this city of chinooking). The smell, there is something to the smell of winter that you can not find in any other season. Coming in from the cold with glasses fogged up to high heaven to remove them and see just as poorly. The fact that October will celebrate my first year of working at this shop. The desire that this will bring to move on to a new city or old.

This winter will be good, I have decided to enjoy it. I will enjoy another year of single living, I will enjoy my apartment for another space of time. My God has been so good that I fear none of this for He will be with me still. I rejoice in what He has in store for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home