Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The movies I enjoy

All right I will start this segmant letting you know first off that if you want to think of me as only a deep thinker, then you should not read on. I have a few, what you call, guilty plessures and I am now about to disclose them.

Last night I, with my father, went to see another, what I call, Pink fluff movie. This one even had sparkle dust in it. I love watching modern day fairy tales. Movies that are so extreem it is laughable. The ones where the love is at first sight, the problems between lovers are solved easily and quickly, and the solving is sweet and silly. Okey, so there is no real thought put into the writting. it is easily pumped out foolishness based on nothing but soft, velvaty feelings. Yah they are storys for the thirteen year old but I like to think that this just means I am young at heart.

I no longer trouble myself with the fear that this makes me a shallow, small brained fool (not to say that those of us who watch these movies are or aren't) that is the point. I don't care. So what if the fact that I like these movies proves this to be true. I will then be the small brained simpleton that I am and have the goofy smile to go with it. I like it and will enjoy them as I please.

The movie I went to see was "13 going on 30" A movie where a young 13 year old makes a wish (with sparkle dust falling on her) to be older and wakes up to find she has missed the past how many years and is 30. The years that past did happen she just doesn't remember living them. It is a story of lost loves and regrets and it is sappy to the max. If you are one for fluffy and pink then go if you are not then stay far away. Even the credits were in pink, that should say something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home