Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Falling short

Out from beneath my heart is slipped a piece of paper, on it is written my lifes sins. I am given a chance to look at it and read how it is I have failed. At first glance it seems fairly empty, void of all malice and hate. Lacking in any misdemeanors, baring only one small message. As I look closely at it I see something I have never seen before (this is not my first time looking at this strange piece of my life) I read for the first time what this message says, what it really says.

"Has fallen short of the glory of God."
"Has born no witness of His love and mercy. Is short of His glory, not fitting into His ways. Far from what is right and good. Shallow, lost, unknowing."

It went on, a never ending description of how short I am. The paper started out small and as I looked on it seemed to grow, never ending. Every breath I took lengthened that page. Each year past bore it's own strain of the music that was sung through those words. I was bellow the standard and I was sinking lower with every passing sigh.

Where did this come from? Every one knows that I am good, friendly and nice. I care about life and those around me. I care about God and what He has to say. I pray, I listen, I even read my Bible. This is false accusation.

It is in my own hand writing. How could that be? I don't get it. Looking down I see in horror the hand that has betrayed me continuing on in a smooth, flowing motion. A never ending gush of self destruction. I have been lying, falsely portraying myself as one who loves and laughs while my hand recorded all that was true. I am short of all glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home