Thursday, April 01, 2004

The old woman I'll be

I'll look at you through deep set blue eyes that pierce to the core of your being with love and joy. You will know me with a glance and see through all the wrinkles to the center of what I stand for. But to find if you are right you will have to search deep and hard. My hair will be grey in the most yellow of grays for it will not be silver but a dull mousy grey color. My hair will have thinned and I will have to perm it in hopes to make it look full. Through my thin hair on the back of my neck you will find a black symbol that is distorted by the folds of my skin. I will stretch out the folding epidermis to reveal that which I still find reminds me of what I believe. My heart will be less settled and I will be more anxious for that which is to come. I will not fear life ended but life unended. I will be a joy to be with at the same time a reminder of youth long past and vitality far behind. You will laugh at my jocks and pity my broken, old body. And I will rejoice in what I have become for I am old and wise and soon to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home