Monday, March 08, 2004

The cape

I had a funny thing happen to me at church yesterday. I was wearing my cape. No that is not what was funny. I was wearing it and had taken it off to head to the bathroom. Throwing it on the floor in amongst the kids I was with I left it there with my bag. I had left it there for quit awhile getting distracted here and there and getting back to it in about half an hour. Now I was not concerned for It was in the church and there were people all around. Well I finely was about to go so picking it off the floor I have this woman come over to me (one I had not as of yet met). She starts off saying that she had promised "them" that she would not do it without telling me. My mind says "what the heck is this lady about?" narrative goes on something like this
Lady: "I told them I would not do it with out telling you"
Me: "Sorry, I don't get it"
Lady: "I saw your cape and I have been so curious so when it was just lying there I had to"
Me: (Huh?)
Lady continues: " So I picked it up and put it on kind of just swaying and swirling it then I proceeded to smell it"
Me: (double Huh?)
Lady: again continued "you burn incense don't you?"
Me: Yah?
Lady: "Well I could smell it, I just love that smell. What kind?"
Me: "oh...I don't know"
Lady: "Well I hope you don't mind."
Me: "no of course not"
Lady: "I just love the way you dress and thought I should love to try it"
I then had to run cause I was having to go somewhere.
This is not the first time I have had someone say how they liked my dressing but it is the first time someone has tried on my clothes (other than my mom) without first asking. I truly did not mind though. What would I say if I did anyhow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home