Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Tonight's subject; appearances

Tonight I wanted to talk on the subject of appearances . I have been thinking on this for some time and now hope to bring forward a few thoughts on what the world sees as important and what I agree with and do not.

The appearance of youth.
This is something every one strives for, women fght for it and fill themselves with garbage while denying their body's food. The garbage comes in the form of plastics and chemicals. The latest is the Botox. I don't know about you but even the name makes me suspicious. Any word that has a root in "tox" makes me think toxic. No thanks.

The appearance of wealth.
Now what will give this appearance? One would say the clothes you wear, the car you drive, the house you live in, or the price you pay to get your hair cut. Let's go with the hair cut. Now in the salon of my apprenticeship the cost of a woman's cut is $30. Some may look at this in compared to your "great cuts" price of $6. But if you compare it to this price (click on "about us", "salon") you will feel great. Not just cause it was cheap but because we can do almost just as well.

Old age.
Something that my talk on youthful appearances proves that we as the human race do not want. I on the other hand will not agree. When the older women come into the salon I look at them and look forward to the day I am old and wrinkeld. Oh I can wait but I am not upset that the time is to come. I will say that at the age of 24 I have started to see the smallest evidence of gravity in my face. The laugh lines are just that little bit more prominent and I must say I am happy because of them. I hope that I am well furrowed in my day that you can look at me and see I lived a full life, with it's hard times and it's not so hard times. I look forward to being old.

The appearances of the human in every stage are beautiful in there own rights. I enjoy every sight that goes by. Be beautiful in God and know that you are loved beyond your looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home