Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Crochet, chocolate, and the sky

Now what do these all have in common you may be asking? Well it all starts with the chocolate actually. At work to day I had a small bit of the stuff and almost freaked at how I needed some more. I decided then and there to have some as soon as I got home. So as I sit and eat this glorious food I crochet (again) the start of a hat. Again I freak for again I am failing to create the perfection that I am so apt to try for (I will not say achieve). In the midst of all this glory and trial I remember how the sun set and the feelings that were aroused.

As of late, ever since I got my own place in the midst of the city, I have missed the sky and it's glories. Now I knew this was the case but was reminded by a friend on the weekend what it was I truly was missing. This friend was not in any way trying to have a one up on me it had just come up in our conversation a few times. So at work today I stood at the window with a new longing for something I could not have. As the sun set I knew I was denied the larger portion of the beauty created by my God. For there in the sky was the pink lining of sunset and the ESSO sign, today gas was 61.9. The tears did not manage to flow past the brim for the phone had rung and I was stung back into reality. I see no stars at night and if I look up to retrieve them I am blinded by some street light or another. It is a strange jungle I live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home