Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Gods love

I want it to be enough. I want to not need anymore than that. But it seems not to be. I seem lonely when alone. I feel the need for a family of my own. What is it in me that cannot be satisfied with just the God of the heavens? He is more than anyone could ask for and yet I want more. Why?
-The thing is I have no answer to this question. Yes I have been told in the past and this I do believe, That God himself has created me with the desire for marriage. But while I am not married I wish to not have this desire. Can't He just turn it off and on when I ask Him to. Like the switch of a light. "Lord there is now a man in my life could you please turn on the desire to love him" and "Lord now he is gone could you please turn off the desire for marriage." But no, it is a torment that I must go through daily. I have had many friends tell me (now married) that before they were married they did not want it and that is when it has happend for them. Well I have never had that state of mind though I try and I try. I am happy single, it is the best way for me right now. I could not ask for anything better and yet. And yet the nagging in me goes on.
-Life is so good, I am so happy. I look back and thank the Lord I did not marry young. There is so much I have learnt that I would not have if married at 19 (which I must admit I had thought I wanted). NO this is the best thing that could have happend to me. My life could not be in better hands. So I will praise HIm for all He has done and all I know He will continue to do. For God you are my God and I will ever praise you, from the depths of my heart I thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home