Friday, February 13, 2004

Nail polish

Now the reason I am to write on this subject is for one reason. I have just finished putting some on my nails and while I did so was remembering my first time with the stuff. It was a day with mom in town (there for us kids ran wild) I got into moms old nail polish. Now she had not worn any in years at the time and I was still at a young enough age that I did not think being a girl was cool (I did have four brothers and I had to impress them all). I looked at all these "gaudy" colors and thought to myself "how obnoxious" Oh but I must try. I did and as I let it dry for but a moment I told the boys how "only prostitutes wore such garish garbage". I did not think my mom strange for having worn these exact products before my recollections, it was just not for me. I promptly ran to the cupboard and erased (as well as one could in those days) the signs of such nasty work.
I now wear it and with full gusto. It is amazing how ones mind can be changed with some years. Now the colors I choose are those that would have had the younger me crying out "hooker", A-Me, youth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home