Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Today I went for a walk down to the river. My folks live up on a hill and the river is in the valley below. If you look back when you are by the water at night you can see the lights from the house. The way you would imagine it to look if you were stranded, wandering the woods for days, warm and cozy maybe even smoke from the chimney. As I looked back at eh house I felt this wave of comfort come over me. Comfortable being home a lot cause I knew I would be heading back to Calgary in a bit. There is something about being home knowing you will be on adventure again.

It was amazing to walk the path that usually brings on depression to walk it with a joy in my heart. The path is not depressed by the place I am in or the people around but by the choices I have made while on this path. If I have not decided to enjoy this life and the place I am in all is down and out. This year is so much different than any year succeeding. I finely chose to enjoy being where I am, alone and twenty four. I have never before enjoyed my twenties. A new year and in a sense, a new life.

Funny how a happy time can bleed back into the unhappy. I look back at my life and see it as a joy. NO, it was not all good. That is different. It is all filled with joy and learning. Joy is different than happy. Joy to me is peace, mercy, understanding, knowing even when unsure. It is God in me. I am a new woman this year. Newer than ever. I am newly created. God has changed me never to be the same again. That is the joy I find in all this pain. The simplest of things have been turned fully around.

I wish you all the happy joy that God can bring to you. The peace the mercy the understanding the revelation. It is His to give and He wishes to.
Go under the mercy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home