Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Deep thoughts by Jack Angie

I had this question the other day and as I thought about it I feel I even answered it. I will post the question anyhow and maybe you out there can think of a better answer.

It goes something like this: What is it that can cause some people to be so smart when it comes to music and poetry? The question enlarged itself as I thought and turned into: What causes people to be smart in any field? Now when I am say people are smart in music and poetry I mean to say that some people seem to have a nack for getting a feeling across with words and melodies and others couldn't make sense of a feeling if they wanted to.

Now here is my answer to these questions. I believe that in music it is something one is created understanding and knowing. I almost believe that it cannot be learnt. Yes, you can learn to understand better the concept of music, the rulesof poetry but the actual fact of making the feelings known to all who read or hear cannot. Now here is where I really started to believe this was true. When I cross this concept over to science and math it seems to still apply. If one is born loving and understanding the "feelings" of science they can better learn it and create new concepts from what I would call outer space. It seems so impossible to come up with new ideas. To see how nature works and realize that if A+b=C then there must also be a d+e=f. I feel that anyone who is smart in a field of understanding has been given a special revelation. That somewhere they are given the chance to "feel" the things that others can only know. I know in my head that A+b=C but my brother can "feel" that this is true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home