Sunday, February 12, 2006

Questions on marriage

This may seem to be far from the missions trip I am on. BUT because it it I on the trip it is normal to bring this in to the picture. You see marriage has been a life long dream for me so it is something that is on my mind often (though less now then ever). It seems now it is on other peoples minds more then mine. People bring it up even before I am thinking about it.
I have been asked many times here on whether I want it and if so then do I have a boyfriend. When guys ask me this I'm half afraid they are asking for their own sake. When I answer that No I do not have a boyfriend they all ask why not. How could that be? Easy, I'm single and don't have a boyfriend. Everyone seems much more concerned then I about my present state. It is strange for me, for in the past it was I who was always asking this same question of God. Now that I don't ask, everyone is doing it for me. Strange it would seem.
Now this desire within me for marriage has not gone away. NO it is still as strong as ever. But there is this wonderful new sense of calm about it. As though I have searched in vain for it, finely to realize that I must wait for it to come to me. Like when two people are separated in a vast city. If they both run around looking for each other the chances of meeting are slimmer then if one just stays right where they are then the other can finely cross paths with them. Sometimes the person staying in one place feels like maybe the other one is doing the same. But I have found that if ones patients is held for long enough the other will finally stand up and do something about it. So here I will sit on my park bench (figuratively speaking) under the trees and wait. Reading and enjoying life. Seeing the world that God has made. Doing what is mine to do at this time. I love it.
I am happier then ever. And I must say this is one amazing place to enjoy these things, here in India. I couldn't have asked for a better park bench.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home