Sunday, January 29, 2006

Rickshaws

I know I didn't spell that right but anyhow today I took my first sollow trip. It is something new from a taxi and it is different in such a city as this. If you get the wrong driver there can be many different senarious. One, they may decided whether or not to actually take you where you want to go. If they think it is to close they will not want to take you cause they want a further destination, or if it is to "remote" they will think they cannot get a passenger to go back with. Two they may take you but want to charge more then it is worth. They have a meter in the vehical that they choose to put on or not. So it is best that you make sure they switch it on before you go. You may get there and they still want to charge you extra just for the "inconvenience" of it. Third: if they think you don't know what you are about they could take you for a ride. Take you the long way around to cause it to cost more.
So on my first time out alone the first driver I asked did not want to go (no real explenation, though they don't need to explain). The second guy I asked took me with out question. thats it no big storie this time.
In the end it is so much fun to ride around the city. Both in the rickshaws and on the bikes (motorbike/skooter). There will be fotos of the roads in my foto page to give you a bit of an idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home