Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Beauty

Beauty is always said to be in the eye of the beholder. I really believe this to be true. You see when I stepped out my front door to find even as little as two centimeters of snow on the ground my heart swelled with joy. I have reason to believe that as my boss set foot out her front door her thoughts were no where near mine. She, along with many others, do not love the snow as I do. She would rather there be green grass and warm sunshine always. I agree these things are beautifull but I find they are more wonderfull when they come after a long time of white. I also find the white so much more wonderful than all the brown that is this town. Winter with no snow is like summer with no sun. Sad and depressing.

Soon it will be christmas and this is a most glorious christmas for my loved ones are comeing out from Manitoba. Some for two days (which is more than I had hoped for and does not disapoint me one bit), some for more and some for later. This christmas I will snowboard in the mountains, eat wonderful meals, and even have a birthday party (which is a month late according to most traditions but when you are cellibrating a birth for the whole of the year then it does not matter when the party is). Only three more days of work and then the holidays start to flow. I am a happy girl in my lightly decorated Watership Down. Now I shall go and figure out how I will organize these wonderfull holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home