Saturday, August 21, 2004

The old ladys

I had long ago in the past written to you about the salon ladys. I told of the ones that were nice, strange, and the grouch. Edna is her name and since I last wrote that e-mail alot has changed. You see all these clients have been Teresas (my boss) clients for many years. Well Teresa was no longer in the mood to put up with our dear Edna and she one day told her. She told Edna that if she was not happy, which it aways seemed she was not, that she should concider not comeing any more. Well the next week Edna called to confirm that her appointment was still at the same time. It was but it was with me because Teresa was on holidays. That was the end of last month. Well since then Edna has become my weekly client and her aditude has change tremendously. Oh she still swears and still seems harsh around the edges. But I am learning to enjoy her alot. She always complains of something and this only causes me to feel a strange sence of laughter come over me. I am never rude just hopeing to help her see that life ain't so bad. She has started to thank me for my help and my time. I asked her how she was doing as I wraped her hair in perm rods. Her response shocked me, "oh...........I'm good, How are you?" And it would almost seem she had noticed that I was tierd. The day seemed to continue on in this manner. Don't get me wrong there were times it seemed she were truelly upset but never really at me. Everyone else seems to find she gets angry at them but truelly I believe she is an unhappy lady and this has always made me sad. I really hope I can be a little bit of light in her week and I pray she will start to see the joy in the little things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home