Friday, February 27, 2004

The anime that I am

Now I am not actually convinced that I am an anime but while walking home from work today I could almost believe it. Now the character that I felt in close contact with is a young girl in one of Miyazakis' films. I do not remember what it is called nor her name but it is one of the only ones He (Miyazaki) has done in/of the city. As I walked home today the fog had down town wrapped closely in its folds of deep, fragmented fabric. There in it's midst stood the tower of Calgary and the offices that surround it. The chilled air brought me closer, directly, to the city that I am outside of and in. As people walk up their stairs to the family waiting within the depths of loving homes I walked by, outside of their worlds yet right next to them. Though it was lonely it was filled with something more. It was as though I were in a dream, or in a theater, watching a sad wonderfully happy scene while knowing that outside of this there is something that is mine and fulfilled, not knowing what it is. I fear that it is something that I cannot explain. Something I had hoped to share with you and now see that it will be of no consiquense to you whether I can make sense of it or not.
- I now plan to wrap myself in a blanket and crochet the night away. I would recommend that you, my loyal reader find something small and meaningless and enjoy it for what it is and what it is not. For in everything there is something and there is nothing, and sometimes the nothing can mean so much more than the something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home