Saturday, April 01, 2006

The old parts of life creep in and take over

Today as I worked on organizing my small life for the soon in coming move I got to thinking. You see we are moving to a new location that is closer to where we are working. It is also not attached to the Office. Right now living in the same building as the central office has been interesting for many reasons but those I will leave for now. The place we are moving to has now closet system what so ever and we will be living fully out of our suitcases. For me this is not to big a deal (though I would have minded less when I was younger and more flexible) But there are those in my room right now that I know might find it a bit harder. Sometimes I wonder if we might be leaving one difficult situation for another.
This wasn't really what I had been thinking about as I got more organized though. I was remembering my little basement suite in Calgary. I enjoyed that place so much and the life I had. I find it strange sometimes cause I wonder how much of my memories are blocked to being only the good ones. Yet when I think about it and ponder that time I know that the growth I experienced was so great and beyond my expectations. And this in itself is cause for the times to be good even if they were bad. For things that can cause growth in the soul of my life I look on with thankfulness and appreciation and even a bit of affection. Like somehow there is an attachment to the time of life itself, to the place, to the experience. Like I am connected to it. I guess seeing as I lived that life I must be connected to it. And even now I know that this time will be the same in my heart when I leave and one day I will remember this place with much affection. Already I am feeling warm just thinking about it, ohm maybe it is the heat of the country that I am feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home