Friday, July 29, 2005

The difference of an additude

No I am not even talking of my additude today I am talking of someone elses.
Today I went in search of a dress to wear to my brothers wedding (which is next weekend). The first plan, as is always the case, was to search the depths of the near by Value Village. Most often I am able to find something I like and had even done so a few days prior (I did not take what I found cause 17.99 seemed a little steep for me at the time). Well today I did not find anything that suited my fancy. I then made my way to the mall, the place I never enter but on arrend for another. Today being no exception, I was there to pick something up for my mom.

Thought "I will look in the stores and if I find something I really like on sale then I will get it."
I entered many a store and found nothing to my liking. This was a good thing at the time (other than the fact that the outfit delema for the wedding was still not solved). Then I entered the final store, looking through the sale rack I was confused as to what size I was in this store, for if any of you know, every store has a different sizing system. The sales woman came up and asked if I was doing all right (her name is Kelly). Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out what size I am in your store.
Kelly, "let me see" looks at my back "I'd say about a size three".
She then offerd to take the things I was holding and put them in a room for me.
Now if any of you know me I most often cannot stand the sales people in stores. I feel that they are nosey, always asking questions that I am not in the mood to answer, and there is something in their additude that I find very frustrating. Kelly did not carry any of the burdens that so often send me straight out of the store. In fact she was so nice, so easily unassuming, so "out of the way" that she managed to have me try on a dress that was not on the sale rack and in the end it was the best looking thing there. Well it was one of the best things I have seen on my body for quit some time. I bought it. I left the store with a 50 dollar item, me, the one who would not spend $17.99 at Value Village and mostly because the sales woman did not get all pushy she was just supper nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home