Saturday, June 25, 2005

Quinton and Elizabeth

Both newly introduced to myself and never to be heard of or seen again.

Wed. June 22/05, We, Nathaniel and myself, were introduced to Quinton William. AS we stood on the Ossborne bridge looking out at the water, black as ink, a man stood near by and asked what it was we saw. I said, just what we were looking at was the very thing being enjoyed. He looked over at us and said "Early this morning Quinton William came into the world." You could tell he was exciterd and in awe of the whole thing. It is not his child but a friends. How sweet it is the care people have one for another. It gave me such joy to hear him so happy. I thanked him for telling us and he thanked us for listening.

Fri. June 24/05 As I drove to Nutimik I decided to stop at Pine Point trail and do the hike. I had arrived and was taking my time to get ready. I sprayed myself, only on the legs, with bug spray. I started out and a little ways in I realised I forgot my camera. I turned around and crossed paths with a woman. As I again started out, camera now on my person, now following behind. The fist streatch of path was infested with mosquitos to the point where I should be eaten alive. Where the trail split off there was a picnic table. The woman had stoped here and was spraying herself with bug spray. A little embarassed but still unabashed I asked if I may borrow the spray. With a thick Dutch accent she made comment on "You don't have any with you?"
"no I did not bring it with me"
"Well thats just no good"
We talked for a bit and started to walk along the path together. She told me I could most deffinatly go on ahead for "I am an old woman and I go my own pace". I found intrest in the visit we had started and asked her many questions. We visited for most of the hick and she told me about her life from Holand to now. There was so much spoken of and so many words of wisdom it is almost mind boggling for me. She believed that God had caused us to meet for it was good for her to talk on the things she told me. Her life had not been easy. She was so sweet so caring.
73 and hicking over rocks and through mud. She was agile beyond her years. I admire that woman and want to have the strength of mind and heart she showed.
With Gods help I shall be strengthend for in my weakness His strength is shown. Lord shine through me, be all that those around me see. Be the light in my heart and the joy from there-in. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home