Friday, July 08, 2005

The dark room

Where have I been? This is the question I have been asking myself these past few days. There is a feeling I have deep in my heart that I see as a monitor of how I am doing. It is this feeling of questioning, in peace, the things of life. It is a deep inner longing for Gods surprises that I expect are shortly around the next corner yet not in panic do I look for them. It is a contentment that gently prods at the inner being of my heart. A deep dark room that is untouched by the world around me. When this feeling is gone, when I no longer hear my heart humming gently its little tunes of joy, I then know there is something wrong. I have allowed things to enter the depths of my soul that should be left untouched. I have drawn fear in to be my nearest friend. I have set things amiss in the inner dwelling of my being.

Well it was gone for some time there. I had lost sight of life. I had over exposed the photo. A picture being shot could be most beautiful but if the shutter is kept open too long the scene is lost. While the photo is being developed it must be dark, there must be an opportunity for it to process in its own way, undisturbed by the outside world.

I feel it, deep down in me. My heart is remembering its maker. I am seeing life through His eyes.
It is becoming dark with His peace. Lord let the process be in your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home