Saturday, August 28, 2004

My light will not shine

It started out about two to three weeks ago. It was a normal day with normal things to be done around the house. I reached over with all confidence to switch on the light on the bed side of my room. It's glory did not grace me. I did the flick it on flick it off thing for a bit but still nothing. To get to the light bulb I had to remove a cover, once done I did what any smart human would do, I reached up and tightened what I thought must be loose. Going back to the switch I again turned it to the on position and for a moment the light proved that it knew it's job intimately, but that was it, a moment. It then gave up and would not be prodded nor coaxed back again to it's shimering glory.

I presumed to believe the fixture had given way to some malfunction and decided to check it closely. I check the wires, of what I could see all was well. So my head decided the fixture must be changed. my next time out in the world of goods I purchased a new/used fixture and bringing it home promptly set to replaceing it. Wires reconected and new fixture in place I again placed the light bulb in it's socket to no avail. Asking my Father what could be the problem he suggested a new light bulb but failed to convince me for how the light had come and gone and come and gone again I could not believe that the bulb would do this. on my return home I checked on the switch itself for it's functioning was not totaly to my liking. I gain made a purchase in hopes of creating a more convinceing surounding for my light to work in.

NOTHING! not a flicker, not even a wink. Frustrated, I gave up and planned to get my father to come with his power tester for I had reason to figure that the wires were messed up. I lived in the darkness for yet another week feeling frustrations towards this old house and it's failing wires. "how could it just give up like that all of a sudden?" No longer wishing to sit and wait for the rescue of my dark world I chanced on the thought of taking my father up on his offer, suggesting I try a new bulb.

Oh, did I not say? through out this whole time I would test the workings of my new system with the same bulb, but not once would it be conviced that this was it's job any longer.

A new bulb and there was LIGTH!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This should be in a column somewhere, it is soooo very entertaining...chicky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home