Friday, October 15, 2004

Home defines us?

I was going to write a comment in my brother and sister-in-laws blog but it got to large so instead I will blog on it myself. I was a little sadend by the first blog on this subject but also do understand. I also dislike the headaches the weather and alltitude give me and the knee pains caused by the same. Yeah it is large and not the best city to get around in. But I love my life here. Okey so my love for the city is maybe more based on the friends I now have here. The job where I am known and know my clients and everyone elses. It is one of the first times I feel like I belong even when I don't feel that way. How do I say,.......I know this is where I am to be at this time and so I enjoy it. I do not see myself here forever, honestly there are many things that make me wish I were back in Manitoba but now is not the time for me to be there. Somehow though I took it personaly when the city I live in was not liked. I know they love me and they do not asociate me with this city but I do. I am a part of this city at this time and when it is put down I take it that I am too. That somehow my choice of a place to live is looked down on and then I also am looked down on.

In this post I would like to make my own appoligy. I lived in Winnipeg for more than a year and have since said how much I disliked that city but truelly this is not the case. Instead I was not happy in some of the situations I had lived while there and project that pain on the whole of the city. It was the place for me during a portion of that time but when I was to move on I did not and that was when it was no longer any good.

As I write this I am drawn to think on how ones dwelling place is so much a part of them. I do not only mean in house but in city, state, and country. The whole Bible is full of the Isrealites living in Isreal and when they did not they only wanted to go back. Always to the home land. The place they were ment to live. A majore portion of who they were was where they were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home