Wednesday, October 08, 2003

How the pain paid off

So yesterday I had my tech. interview. If you care to know how it went you must read to the end of this blog.
-Also to be found in this days entry is the finally of the pot. Is it going to live or will it be sent to pot heaven?
-You shall read of the time that I had to figure out the mess in my car to make room for the Webbers and the decision to not go home and use their car.
-And so it begins. After my entry yesterday I left for my interview. Having to pick up my hair cut model first I had to leave earlier. We arrived at the salon early which I would rather have than late. Now going for an interview is an odd thing. You arrive at a salon you do not know. To tell your client to follow you to the sinks is the first in an array of struggles. "follow me to the sinks, if I can find them first. Let me adjust the water temp if I can figure which way to work this tap. Oh! Sorry I thought that direction was cooler, with most taps it is. Please forgive the scalding." next to seat them in a seat that you do not know, mind you the whole time making it seem you are confident and sure of it all.
Then comes the cut. While you know the owner is watching you out of the corner of her/his eye. Oh how one can shack and while you cut you wish not to shack or you cut more than hair, you cut yourself as well. You have made it through the ten hour cut (for that is how it feels where you are at) now comes the check. Dear me! Did she see that missed chunk there or the nasty bald spot there? "That was not me, she is naturally balding (yes at the age of fourteen)." Interviewer says nothing and now you must style. Is the client happy? Yes (but that is cause I manage to cover said bald spot). "The style is fine, send her out to the car to wait while we talk inside." you have made it through and now you must see your final fate. I leave you here to tell of the pot.
-The pot. A strainer pot. I have told of the pot before it is seen to be sure it is not a shock as they enter the house. "Oh the pot, How I have destroyed it. It is utterly hopeless. It shall never be the same again" 'do not fear it is but a pot it is nothing of worth.' It is seen and there is no worry. I have been forgiven. It is not as bad all that. We even celebrate the return of home owners with a wonderful chocolate fondu. Oh blessed day.
-To pick up the Webbers at the airport was of no concern. The concern lay in the getting all of them and their bags into the mess that is my car. I must pack all my stuff to one side and hope they do not smell the week old who knows what. I managed and all was left unsaid.
-As I left the salon I shook. I held out my hands and they shook, my knees quacked and I squealed with joy. I've been given the job! I have been given a place to work and live for the Lord. What joy there is when you know the way, even when only for a day. I start next Tuesday and work full time but am free Sundays and Mondays. Now I am back to apprehensions, Not of whether this is the place but "will I manage to do my work well? Will I learn what I must and be who I may?" You now must wait , as I must also, to know the answers to these questions.
*Some of the things in this entry have been over done to make for a more interesting story. Please disregard the bald spot, the scalding and any other thing that may seem unreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home