Friday, October 03, 2003

A night in the life

-Well last night just before I fell asleep, you know the time where thoughts are random and sometimes, I almost believe always, clear and undistracted. The revelation of my nasty time arrangements filled my mind with the truth. I had unknowingly double booked my future Tuesday. If you have read the past and first entry you would remember that I plan on volunteering my time at the Mustard Seed. Well to do so I must go for an orientation. This is on the 7th at 5:30.
I also promised to pick up Gerry and Merelynn Webber from the airport, not knowing that they would be arriving at 6:45 that same Tuesday evening. Now how is one to figure all this? I still do not know. But so be it. God has worked out more difficult problems than this. Does the Red sea ring any bells? Do not worry this is but a reminder to myself and not to get on any of your cases.
-Yesterdays badness was finely relieved at the end when I received a call from a very good friend whom I had not talked to in awhile. Is it not amazing what one little chat with a good friend can do for ones well being? I am always amazed at what a different view can be put on life when you share it with ones you love. Even when the ones you love do not feel they are doing much for you. This is the long way around to saying thank you to you for just listening to my silliness of the days.
-So when I left home the last time (about a week or is it even two now) My Father told me I needed to get my CV boot changed on the right side of the car. He also told me not to get anything else done to it though the mechanic might try to convince me other wise. So I first called Canadian Tire, No I did not actually plan on going there it was just to start a price reference. Well the minute I asked the first question mister man on the other end did not let me get another word in edgewise. I would start a question and he would assume that I was going one way with it and would then answer the wrong question. I felt immediately that he figured I was a girl and therefore knew nothing. Blah!!!!
The next place I called was a friend way across town and again this was just to see what I should expect for price. Very nice service there. Today I called two places the first said he could not get a cv boot alone and must get the whole axel or something, I'm sorry to say but by then I was no longer listening. He said the price would be the same anyways. He was to call me back with that price, meanwhile I called yet another shop and the minute I asked he had an answer and did not plan on selling me anything else. $110 was his quote. After making an appointment I hung up to receive the other shops quote. $300. I am not a dupe though some would like to think. I also have my father telling me what to do and what not to do. Man if there is one thing I can recommend Go With what the ones you trust say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home